The Employment Readiness Program (EPRP) is designed to support service members, recovering service members (RSM), military spouses and dependents, retired members, and Department of Defense (DoD) civilians with achieving short and long-term employment, education/training and career goals. ERP is a program that offers up-to-date resource information on available employment opportunities, market and job trends, education, and volunteer resources to help individuals make informed decisions when seeking employment. ERP provides assistance in acquiring skills/networks/resources that will allow them to participate in the work force and to develop a career/work plan.
The ERP offers one-on-one counseling sessions as well as facilitates several educational classes
- Job search strategies assistance is offered by appointment only. It provides an overview of job search strategies, encourages members to create profiles on several employer websites and provides them with a folder of employer links, schedule of classes, and information on volunteering.
- Resumes Writing Workshop is offered monthly and introduces participants to all aspects of written self-marketing tools including business cards, various types of resumes, cover letters and thank you letters, and to work on a targeted resume.
- Federal Employment Workshop is offered monthly and provides participants an overview of using www.usajobs.gov as well as showcasing how to use USAJOBS.gov to apply for Federal Jobs.
- Interviewing Techniques is offered monthly and provides introduces participants
The ERP provides information on three Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD) programs:
- Spouse Education and Career Opportunities (SECO): A program offered to all military spouses through Military OneSource, which offers employment assistance with exploring portable career options; education, training, financial aid and state occupational license/credential requirements.
- Military Spouse Career Advancement Account (MyCAA): A program offered to eligible military spouses (spouses of active duty E1-E5, W1-W2, and O1-O2 serving on Title 10 orders) as part of the OSD, Spouse Education and Career Opportunities (SECO) program.
- Military Spouse Employment Partnership (MSEP): An expanding partnership between military Spouses seeking employment and corporate businesses committed to providing meaningful and portable careers. Military Spouses are encouraged to visit the MSEP website at www.msepjobs.militaryonesource.mil to find employment opportunities and post resumes.
Force Support Division, MWR provides an expansive number of outstanding support and leisure services for your morale and well-being.
Have your say!
Please share your comments with us
The appearance of hyperlinks does not constitute endorsement by the Federal Government or the information, products, or services contained therein. For other than authorized activities such as military exchanges and morale, welfare, and recreation sites, the Federal Government does not exercise any editorial control over the information you may find at these locations. Such links are provided consistent with the stated purpose of this DoD web site.