- This event has passed.
2023 Air Force Art Contest
Calling all Fort Eustis artists! The Air Force presents the 2023 Air Force Art (2D) and Art (3D) Contest!
We’re going 360! Beginning March 1st through April 30th register and enter your 2D & 3D artwork at https://forcesupport.awardsplatform.com! Open to all ages from 6+
Official Rules and Eligibility Requirements
Entry into the Air Force Art Contest indicates agreement by the entrant to all Air Force Art Contest Official Rules and Eligibility Requirements (Official Rules).
Authorized patrons (AF) Morale, Welfare and Recreation (MWR) Programs (IAW AFI 34-101) Air Force Morale, Welfare and Recreation (MWR) Programs and use Eligibility) are eligible to participate in the Air Force Art Contest.
1. Entrants in the Adult Category must be at least 18 years old at the time of entry.
2. Entrants in the Youth Category must be at least six years old, but not more than 17 years at the time of entry. A legal parent or guardian must submit entries on behalf of Youth Category participants.
3. Force Support Squadron (FSS) Commanders, civilian leaders, and FSS marketing personnel may enter the contest, but are not eligible to win prizes.
4. Participants must meet all eligibility requirements determined in the Official Rules.
5. Prizes will be awarded to eligible participants in Adult and Youth Categories.
6. Submissions that do not meet the requirements determined in the Official Rules are ineligible to win.
• Adult Novice: Individuals who are new or inexperienced to working in the approved media.
• Accomplished: Individuals who have higher levels of art skills obtained through experience, education, training or who operate as professional artists.
Art entries must be accomplished by the youth participant.
• Youth Teen: Ages 13 to 17
• Youth Pre-Teen: Ages 9 to 12
• Youth Child: Ages 6 to 8
1. Art experts selected at the discretion of AFSVC will evaluate and assign a score to each entrant’s artwork based on impact, creativity, and technical criteria. In the event no entries are received, no prize will be awarded. Determinations made by the judges are final.
2. Winner Notification: Winners will be notified via the email address provided on the submission. This is the official method of communication used to notify winners. If a winner does not respond to an email notification within five calendar days, or if communication via email is otherwise unsuccessful, an alternate winner will be selected. The winner is subject to, including without limitations, verification of eligibility, in compliance with these Official Rules.
3. All Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules. AFSVC will resolve tie breakers through further review and collaboration.
1. Prizes will be awarded to the top three winners in each category for 2D and 3D a. First Place: $500 Amazon Gift card
b. Second Place: $400 Amazon Gift Card
c. Third Place: $300 Amazon Gift Card
2. Winners will receive an Amazon Gift Card presented by their installation Point of Contact (POC) in a method compliant with installation health and safety guidelines. If the winner is under the age of 18, a legal parent or guardian must be present with the youth to accept the prize. Acceptance of the prize grants the AF the right to use the winning submission in its entirety for any publicity, advertising or promotional purposes without compensation.
3. The winner must comply with all terms and conditions set forth in the Official Rules. Winning is contingent upon fulfilling all such requirements.
4. No entrant can win more than one prize.
The contest is sponsored by the Air Force Services Center, 2261 Hughes Avenue Suite 156, JBSA Lackland TX 78236-9854, USA
AFSVC Program Manager:
AFSVC/VCC: Susan Lear
Entries will be accepted beginning March 1, 2023 at 12 p.m. Central Standard Time (CST) and ending April 30, 2023 at 11:59 p.m. CST at forcesupport.awardsplatform.com.
Entrants are responsible for determining the corresponding time zone in their respective geographical area. No exceptions will be made for missed deadlines.
How to Enter
No purchase necessary to enter or win. To enter the contest visit forcesupport.awardsplatform.com 1 March- 30 April 2023 and follow the instructions for submitting artwork. Sponsor will not accept entries via any other means. The entry must meet the Art and Submission Requirements.
Art and Submission Requirements
By submitting an entry in the Air Force Art Contest, regardless of country of entry, each entrant represents and warrants that his or her art entries conform to the Official Rules and meet the following criteria.
1. Artists may enter up to two (2) entries of artwork in both of the competitions 2D and /or 3D. Judging will be based on submitted photos of the artwork.
2. 2D Art is considered to be two-dimensional as a drawing, sketch, or painting. Accepted media include oil, watercolor, acrylic, pastel, mixed media, gouache, egg tempera, pen and ink, charcoal, colored pencil, scratch board, markers and metal point. (No digital art)
3. 3D Art is considered to be three-dimensional such as, sculpture, ceramic, pottery, clay, glass art, metals, jewelry, wood, fiber, and textile
4. By submitting an entry for judge consideration, the entrant is guaranteeing the submission is original, meaning the work must be composed firsthand by the hand of a single artist and not be based on published material or other artists’ work. Furthermore, submission guarantees the artwork does not contain copyright protected material that would require consent of any third party; it does not violate any copyright, trademark, publicity right, privacy right, or any other right of any third party.
5. AFSVC reserves the right to request proof that entries are the original work of the artist. Non-compliance results in the disqualification of the entry.
6. The artwork must not have previously won any competition of any kind.
7. For artwork based on reference photographs, eligibility demands that the artist must have taken the photographs or have obtained written permission from the photographer.
8. Compositions based on published material or other artists’ work are NOT considered original and are not eligible.
9. Artwork must not … a. be obscene or libelous
b. contain defamatory or derogatory remarks
c. use inappropriate language or slang,
d. violate any rights of any third party
e. wording, letters, or numbers appearing on artwork will not be accepted
Submissions violating these guidelines will be disqualified from competition.
10. Artwork must not contain any content, material, or element that displays any third-party advertising, slogan, trademark or otherwise indicate sponsorship or endorsement by a third party, commercial entity or that is not within the spirit of the contest as determined at the sole discretion of AFSVC.
11. Artwork must not be subject to any third-party agreement which may require AFSVC to pay any sum of money to any person or entity as a result of its use or exploitation of the artwork or contents therein.
12. Photographs of the artwork must be submitted to one of the categories designated in the Official Rules.
13. The caption must be complete, accurate and sufficient to convey the circumstances in which the artwork was accomplished. Disguising or misrepresenting the origin of the content is cause for disqualification.
14. By entering this contest, entrants grant AFSVC, the right to use these artworks, including without limitation, rights to use on the web, broadcast, and print reproduction for the purposes of advertising and publicity to include social and digital content. AFSVC may modify images to fit specific media.
15. If any person appearing in any artwork is under the age of 18, the signature of a parent or legal guardian is required on each release.
Limitation and Liability
By entering this contest all entrants agree to release, discharge, and hold harmless Sponsor and its partners, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising agencies, agents and their employees, officers, directors, and representatives from any claims, losses, and damages arising out of their participation in this Contest or any Contest-related activities and the acceptance and use, misuse, or possession of any prize awarded hereunder.
The sponsor is not responsible for any entries that are altered, defective, delayed, deleted, destroyed, fraudulent, improperly accessed, inaccurate, incomplete, interrupted, invalid, late, lost, misrouted, mutilated, multiple, non-delivered, stolen, tampered with, unauthorized, or unintelligible. AFSVC is not responsible for lost, interrupted, or unavailable network, server or other connections, miscommunications, failed phone, computer hardware, software or telephone transmissions, technical failure, unauthorized human intervention, traffic congestion, garbled or jumbled transmissions, or undeliverable digital or email communication resulting from any form of active or passive email filtering, insufficient space in Entrant’s email account to receive e-mail, or other errors of any kind, whether due to electronic, mechanical or human error or other causes.
AFSVC reserves the right to disqualify any entry submission for any reason in its sole and absolute discretion. The decision of the AFSVC with regard to the entrant eligibility, disqualification and determination of winners shall be final and binding.
Privacy Act Statement
Privacy Act of 1974 (5 U.S.C. 552a) Purpose: To contact winners participating in web contest featured on https://forcesupport.awardsplatform.com and to add to the AFSVC and FSS customer database for email notification of events, activities and information. Routine Uses: This information will not be disclosed outside DoD. Disclosure/Effects: Disclosure is voluntary; however, entrant cannot participate in this contest without providing the contact information requested.
The winner must comply with all terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules. Winning contingent upon fulfilling all such requirements.